Fully Grown Edition

Photo of a “Fully Grown Man” for reference 

 On the way to school this morning, Messiah and I encountered a road closure on Poplar, which is a colossal inconvenience. We had to make a U-turn and as we did, Messiah wanted to know why they closed it. I told him I had no idea...that answer never works for him. "BUT WHYYYY?!?" So I told him to see who could come up with the most likely reason.

Gaga: Car accident, cars blocking the road
Messiah: Pot hole so big a car fell in it
G: Water main burst, road flooded
M: Somebody- WAIT! LOOK! THOSE PEOPLE HAVE LIGHTED CANDY CANES IN THEIR YARD!!!
G: (Switching gears) Fabulous! Look over there-that house has icicles hanging from their porch!
M: Hey! There are red lights all over-WAIT! Did you see their gate? It had a sun on it!
G: Cool gate. I don't want an iron fence with a gate all around my yard, but that gate is cool with the sun.
M: You don't need a gate, because you have a one-story house. You don't want that big, two-story house because you think you have enough to clean. But I want one. I want a HUGE house.
G: When you grow up and have a job and make lots of money, maybe you can have a huge house. Or maybe then a huge house won't be as important as having a safe and happy house where everyone wants to hang out. That's the best kind of house.
M: No, the best kind of house is a huge house.
G: A safe, happy, huge house?
M: Yeah. Really huge.

We pull up to school. Messiah tells me he doesn't have to wait until he's grown. He's grown enough now to get a huge house. As he stepped out of the car, I reminded him to leave his glow-in-the-dark blankie. "Maybe I'm not fully grown."


Comments

  1. He’s wonderful. (And so are you). ♥️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Right and Wrong Edition

Helper Edition

Rainbows and Clouds Edition