Elton John Edition




Julian begged not to be required to attend the summer enrichment program.  We made him try it for a week, with the caveat that if he really hated it, he wouldn't have to go.  Messiah was given the same choice.  At the end of the week, Julian chose sleeping in for the remainder of his summer vacation, but Messiah, as he told me this morning, is a morning person.  "Gaga.  I am totally a morning person.  Even on the weekend."  Since I get that wholeheartedly, I agreed with his mom that he should be able to take advantage of the opportunity to get a leg-up on second grade.

This morning, he got himself up and dressed.  He was very concerned about his color coordination and checked with me when he got in the car to make sure he had made good choices, which of course he had.  We were driving along and he said, "Gaga, my eyes hurt.  They hurt really badly."  Concerned, I asked if he had any idea why.  "Are they stinging? Were you rubbing them? Does it feel like allergies? Did you touch a cat or a dog? Are they watering? Red?"  "No, Gaga, listen.  The sun is so bright on the cars in front of us that when I look out the side window it reflects backward and burns my eyes."  
I agreed that this is a most uncomfortable feeling and one that troubles me when I'm driving.  "We need to get you sunglasses.  That will cut down on the glare.  Silence. Rummaging. Muttering. Finally, "AHA!"

I looked in the rear view mirror and he had these fabulous sunglasses on.  "I got them at my end of the year party in Ms. Kelley's class!  My friend Timmy's mommy got them for me.  When we get to your house, would you take a picture? And send it to Mommy and Daddy and Mamaw and Auntie???"

Happy to oblige, my boy, happy to oblige.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Right and Wrong Edition

Helper Edition

Rainbows and Clouds Edition